OPEN HORSE SHOW
Thursday August 11, 2022, 8:00 am. — Rain or Shine
JUDGE: Andrea Lamanque;
TRAIL JUDGE: Karen Malzac
- Jessica Stuart, Essex Junction, VT, 802-233-3013;
- Bailee Layn, Bristol, VT, 802-922-1653,
Entries close by postmark of July 31, 2022. Day stabling only:
First come, frst served basis @$15.00(box).
$5.00 refunded if left clean and checked by show management.
Available from 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday 8/10/22. Vacate by 6:00 p.m. Thursday 8/11/22.
We now have email and a Facebook page, please like us! Our email is
fdhorseshow at gmail.com
RULES AND REGULATIONS
PLEASE NOTE: ALL CAMPERS AND HORSE TRAILERS MUST CHECK IN BEFORE
PARKING THEM & NO DOGS ALLOWED.
- Eight ribbons in each class. Entry fee $5.00 per class. Prize awarded to each champion.
- Exhibitors are subject to Addison County Fair and Field Days rules.
- Advance entries are necessary for Grounds Passes. On receipt of advance entries
AND ALL FEES, a pass will be mailed to allow you to get on the grounds. Please
enclose a SELF-ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE FOR PASS. No advance entry, no
pass. 1 pass per rider, 1 pass (driver & parking) per rig. No refunds given.
- Post entries will be accepted after that date but will be charged an additional $1.00 for
each class entered the day of the show. If no passes need to be mailed prior to the show
date then you may enter without paying the late fee up until the day of the show.
- No entry will be permitted in the ring unless exhibitor has signed an entry blank and
the fees for that class have been paid. No entrant will be allowed in the ring without a
number. Parent/guardian of exhibitor under 18 must sign an entry form.
- ADDISON COUNTY FAIR & FIELD DAYS MANDATE. NO DOGS ALLOWED.
- Horses not shown in any class forfeit their entry fee for that class except when excused
by a vet (written verifcation required). No refunds for scratched classes.
- All numbers are $2.00 you will be refunded $1.00 if returned to show management at
the end of the show.
- Exhibitors will be responsible for any accident or injury caused by horses entered by
them, thereby releasing Addison County Fair & Field Days from any damage whatsoever.
- The management will act as stewards at this show and their decision is fnal.
- Hard hats required in all hunt seat classes.
- RABIES CERTIFICATES REQUIRED. IT MUST BE ISSUED AND SIGNED BY A LICENSED
VETERINARIAN AT LEAST 30 DAYS(JULY 2, 2021) PRIOR TO THIS SHOW. ATTACH A COPY
TO YOUR ENTRY –IT WILL NOT BE RETURNED. HORSES CANNOT BE UNLOADED WITHOUT
PROOF OF SHOTS. THIS IS A VERMONT STATE FAIRS MANDATE. NAME OF HORSE SHOULD
BE THE SAME ON ENTRY BLANK AND RABIES CERTIFICATE.
- All ages are 1/1/2022.
- Lunch break to be announced.
- Health certifcate & negative Coggins required for all out-of-state horses.
- NO ONE SHALL APPROACH A JUDGE WITH REGARD TO A DECISION UNLESS
HE FIRST OBTAINS PERMISSION FROM THE SHOW COMMITTEE, WHO SHALL
ARRANGE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE JUDGE AT A PROPER TIME AND PLACE.
OPEN SHOW CLASS LIST
Subject to Change
* Indicates these classes will count toward the Champlain Valley Horse Shows free year end
award program for Juniors, Seniors, Very Small Equines (Miniature Horses), and Adults.
$$ - Indicates a class that has money prizes of $50, $30, $20
- Open In-Hand, Stallions
- Western Model
- Saddleseat Model
- Very Small Equines (44 inches) In-Hand *
- Hunter Model
- Open in Hand *
- Weanling Class (2022 foals) (Mares not allowed in ring
- Yearling Class (2021 foals)
- Two Year Olds (2020 foals)
Open in Hand Championship
1st & 2nd place winners of classes # 1-9 No entry fee.
- English Showmanship
- Western Showmanship
1st 2nd and 3rd place winners of classes #10 and 11 No entry fee.
- Adult Novice Rider Equitation
- Saddle Seat Equitation, Junior 13 & under *
- Saddle Seat Equitation, Senior 14-18 years *
- Saddle Seat Equitation, Adult *
- Hunt Seat Equitation, Junior 13 & under *
- Hunt seat Equitation, Senior 14-18 * Monetary prizes-$50,$30,$20
- Hunt Seat Equitation, Adult *
- Addison County Pleasure (saddle seat and hunt seat) (Addison County Residents Only) $$
- Adult English Pleasure (hunt seat & Saddleseat ) *
- Jr. Exhibitor English Pleasure, 18 & under, Saddle & Hunt Seat *
- Road Hack (hunt seat )*
- English Performance (saddle seat)
- Junior English Pleasure Horse (Horses 5 & under)
- Road Hack (saddle seat)*
- English Pleasure open to all ages*
- English Pleasure Championship: Open to all who have shown in a previous English Pleasure Class. $$ *
- Dressage suitability
- Very Small Equines (44 inches) Driving*
- Stock Seat Equitation, Junior 13 & under *
- Stock Seat Equitation, Senior 14-18 years *
- Stock Seat Equitation, Adult *
- Western Pleasure, Junior exhibitor (18 & under)
- Adult Novice Rider Pleasure (Walk/Trot) all seats
- Addison County Pleasure (Western) (Addison County Residents Only) $$
- Junior Western Pleasure Horse (horses 5 & under)
1st & 2nd place winners from classes # 13, 14, 16, 17, 30, 31) No Entry Fee $$ *
- Adult Equitation Championship: For those who have shown in a previous adult equitation class. $$ *
- Road Hack (Western) *
- Western Pattern *
- Versatility English/Western Pleasure. Enter in Western tack, change to English tack. One helper.
- Adult Western Pleasure *
- Western Pleasure , Open to all ages *
- Western Pleasure Championship. Open to all who have shown in a previous Western Pleasure Class. $$ *
- Therapeutic Riding (To be done after lunch usually around 12:30/1:00 p.m.)
- Adult Novice Rider Trail (Walk/Trot) all seats)
- Junior Horse Trail (horses 5 & under)
- Trail Class Junior (13 & under). Time & place to be announced *
- Trail Class Senior (14 - 18). Time & place to be announced *
- Trail Class Adult. Time & place to be announced*
- Very Small Equines <44 inches In-hand trail *
- Very Small Equines <44 inches Obstacle driving Course *
- Therapeutic Riding Trail
if rider would like, to help a local charity or rider. Open to beginners and up. This will be
a fun class ie: command class, Simon Says, etc. To be announced at the show. *****
***Novice Rider is an individual over 18 years old and in their frst year of showing and will only
be competing against others at the walk/trot.